At the heart of the SMG-managed Cox Convention Center is the almost 15,000-seat arena. Designed with generous seating for concerts, conventions and sporting events, the arena is home to the Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA's Development League. This same arena is easily transformed to create an intimate setting for family shows and special events, and has become a memorable venue for numerous graduations and community events.
GENERAL FACILITY & SEATING MAP
Since 2007, a number of upgrades have been made to the arena, including the addition of:
- a new scoreboard with four (4) PS-10 LED Video Displays and a ProAd® LED Ring Display.
- two (2) ProStar® LED video displays at each end of the arena.
- a point-source digital audio system with 46 JBL® speakers powered by Crown® amplifiers
- four (4) new escalators.
- a new game lighting system.
Additional improvements made in anticipation of our new AHL tenant, the Oklahoma City Barons, include the:
- installation of new ice-making equipment by CIMCO®.
- construction of a new team locker room, as well as office space and a new press interview room.
- installation of all new dasher boards and glass by Athletica®.
Among the final, yet highly anticipated projects completed in 2010 is the construction of the:
- terrace suites complete with enhanced seating, food and beverage counters and TV monitors.
- Blue Line, a new VIP lounge.
- impressive new team store.
- Arena Football: 12,893
- Basketball: 12,860
- Center Stage: 14,353
- End Stage: 10,207 (at 180-degrees)
- Hockey: 12,947
- Theatre: 6,044